Any event, which will contribute to knowledge transfer or skills development, will essentially be eligible for funding.
So far a variety of events have accessed the funding including.
- Pig discussion groups
- Farm walks
- Health workshops
- Training courses
- Production workshops
- Certificates of Competence Manuals
Provision has also been made for management training, study tours etc.
Priorities identified by RDAs include, but are not limited to:
- Supply chain and marketing
- Climate change
- Environmental land management
- Business management
- Risk management
- Resource efficiency
- Animal health and welfare
- Nitrates, pesticides and waste management
In general the following activities cannot be funded under this scheme:
- Most legislative training (except Animal Health/Welfare and Nutrient Management)
- Skills training/knowledge transfer lasting longer than three years
- Large scale infrastructure for training
- Courses which form part of normal systems of agriculture at secondary/higher level
- Training for individuals